Thursday, January 6, 2022

Valaverse Action Force - Series 1 Kickstarter

I remember when Bobby Vala first attempted this Kickstarter - a 6 inch reboot of UK's Action Force. The campaign was unsuccessful but had a lot of interest. A few tweeks in the campaign, and the Kickstarter was funded successfully and then some. The initial series came with nine figures. Six of them are core characters - Condor, Kerak, Bone Collector, Steel Brigade, Sergeant Slaughter and Swarm trooper. There are three army builders - Riot, Urban, and Special Ops. Accessory sets are also available. 

Somehow I missed Sergeant Slaughter - I think he was added in as a preorder after the campaign concluded and I just missed him. Ordered him on the website and had preordered him from BBTS as well.

I am very impressed with this first series. The sculpting is phenomenal and they fit in well with GI Joe Classified. In some cases, they are better. I really like the design of the Swarm Troopers.

Since the backstory in the comic books are that the US has fractured into separate territories, it was no coincidence I posted this on January 6. Not far from fiction. Sad day. 

Series 2A and 2B are up for preorder at the Valaverse website.


































































5 comments:

  1. I just placed an order with the on Monday evening. I still have a few on preorder through BBTS as well. Very excited to get these in hand! I love the stands. Wish they'd sell them separate to use with Classified (that is, if the pegs fit).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried. Will do that today. The stands are fantastic. At this point, with all the articulation, every action figure should come with a stand.

      Delete
    2. I absolutely agree. A simple disc stand should be a given for every figure.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah. They came out great. The Valaverse team did a great job and certainly had to contend with all the challenges the pandemic presented. Other cool thing is the file card fits into the little slot on the back of the figure stand.

      Delete