Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones Quarantine Movie and Toy Review

OK - so up next is Attack of the Clones and I'll keep a running ranking of all the movies as I watch them.

Ranking
1. Attack of the Clones
2. Phantom Menace



What I Liked:
  • Loved seeing Amidala as a pilot even though it was a disguise.
  • I liked seeing the underbelly of Coruscant as Anakin and Obi Wan chase Zam Wessel into the bar. Wish they would have spent more time there.
  • The creation was kind of cool. Is it just me, or does Captain Typho look just like a clone.
  • Obi Wan chasing Jango and Boba Fett through the asteroid field was pretty cool.
  • Anakin going insane against the Tusken Raiders.
  • The arena battle with the Jedi was cool. Wish that would have shown more of that fight.
  • Yoda and Dooku lightsaber battle was awesome. 





What I Didn't Like:
  • 95% of the movie was CGI. This will be a common trend.
  • Chemistry between Anakin and Padme was a little rough.
  • C3PO - what a buffoon.  
  • The sculpting and posing of the action figures is atrocious. Few of them can stand. Stupid magnetic gimmicks.
I was back in the states for this. I did not go for any type of midnight madness. I hit Target and Walmart on my way to work. Was able to find most of the first series. I didn't buy much after that except the Geonosians.  I did not buy any vehicles or playsets. Years later, I purchased the Geonosian Battle Arena. My daughter loved playing with it when she was little. It is a cool set. Right now, it is stuffed into some box in my garage, probably all the way in the back.






































































2 comments:

  1. The Phantom Menace draws major back lash. George Lucas responds, "It's for kids." Proceeds to smile about his two hour movie about taxation, trade routes and senate meetings.

    Attack of the Clones draws major backlash. George Lucas responds, "It's for kids." Proceeds to smile about his two hour movie with the most awkward chemistry between two people supposedly in love and then proceeds to slice one of their arms off.

    Revenge of the Sith draws slightly less backlash. George Lucas responds, "It's for kids." Proceeds to smile about his two hour movie which features a man burning half to death after being dismembered at all limbs except his neck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget said man also slaughters a bunch of kids. It's for kids.

      Delete