Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Halloween - The Walking Dead Trade Paperback Cover Paintings

Long ago, I had posted about the recreation of the Walking Dead trade paperback covers I did in acrylic paint on 11x14 inch canvases (Wow - that was a League of Extraordinary Bloggers post from 2016). Since WD ended a year or so ago, I decided to finish the last six covers. Each of the trade paperbacks had a specific picture of the story arc in that book, but the bottom of each trade paperback had a zombie horde that connected from issue to issue. I was practicing my woeful painting skills by doing just the lower zombie horde and connecting each canvas. So here is the finished (almost) set of 32 cover paintings.

Several need some touch ups and finishing but it does look like a lot of fun all together. Laying them in a row, the paintings stretch 37 feet. I also had a hard time laying them out together on the floor so I could take a photo from above. Eight rows of four across worked the best. This is four rows of eight. 



Now eight rows of four. And yes, cover 32 connects with cover 1.


































I started this in June 2014. Finished October 2020. Lots of procrastination in there.





Now what to do with these?  :-0







2 comments:

  1. Impressive! I recently got back into the series and finally finished watching all of the episodes. I know, so late to the game. I've never read any of the TPBs . I may have to one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's fun to rewatch the series, especially seasons 1-4. The rest are good too, but seasons 1-4 definitely have the nostalgia vibes.

      Delete