Sunday, December 6, 2020

Presto Magix - Remember These?

I remember these from the early 80s. Presto Magix were small paper posters with some scene on it, along with a sheet of paper with transferable characters and accessories which you would apply to the poster by scratching the other side of the characters with a pencil.

This item popped into my head years ago and I bought one on ebay. It sat in a box for years until I came across it a few weeks ago. I thought it was a GI Joe scene. The soldiers were green. The enemy soldiers were blue - the title of the scene is Invasion of Mission Control. Until I just opened it up this week. It is a generic battle scene. Includes an Asian guy who may be the villain and some damsel in distress.  Pure 80s goodness.









6 comments:

  1. I remember those things... Do you remember Shrinky Dinks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely remember Shrinky Dinks. Those were a lot of fun as well.

      Delete
  2. Vaguely remember these๐Ÿค”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should try it to see if they still work. Don't know why it wouldn't.

      Delete
  3. Could not get enough of these back in the day. The backdrop for the Thundarr set is the usual header on my blog (it's decorated for the holidays right now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to check that out. Always loved the Thundarr cartoon.

      Delete