Monday, December 7, 2020

Return to Middle Earth - Unboxing the Toybiz Lord of the Rings Collection

It's been a long time since I pulled out the old Lord of the Rings figures from Toybiz. Looking at them again after so many years, I marveled at the amazing details that were sculpted on each figure. I took some individual photos in this case for many of them. So much fun. My dream has been to do some serious diorama building for these but I think they would be more complicated than what I have time for. Will need to figure out a solution.







































































4 comments:

  1. Good times! You know, that pink insulation board you get at Home Depot goes a long way if you ever wanted to make some cool 3d backdrops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll have to try that out. My challenge is doing a forest scene. No idea how to do it, though Target has some mini stand up pine trees that may do the trick.

      Delete
  2. Paper towel rolls make good tree trunks. You'd have to wrap them in something for texture. Of course nothing beats the aesthetics of real tree branches cut to a similar size to create that forest vibe.

    ReplyDelete