Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Maryland Toy Expo

 A few weeks ago, I set up a booth at the Maryland Toy Expo. I had never been there before as a customer. I wanted to unload some of my stuff. Overall, it was a fun experience. Long day. I didn't sell much, and I didn't have a chance to walk around as a customer myself. The best part was seeing people smile at my little pegheads for sale. I sold about 10 of them. That was fun. 

Of course, we were surrounded by Funko Pops as far as the eye can see. And people still buy a ton of those. I still like them, but man, there sure are a lot out there. 















4 comments:

  1. Great prices, man! Nice set up,too! I'm just waiting for you and Matt from Toy Box to open up a brick and mortar shop so I can pay you guys a visit 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're selling your giant Sentinel? I figured the box on that would be big, but I didn't think that it would be that big! I read an article earlier this year that said that the Pops were on the downward trend, but I still haven't seen any signs of that happening when I'm out and about -- they are still everywhere. They're not for me, and every time I see a big stack of them, I can't help but think how many of those are gonna end up in landfills somewhere down the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the Sentinel is one of the few things that sold. I have another which I opened as soon as I got it. Well, I am sure there will be a lot of Pops joining the landfill where Funko just dumped a bunch already. I am still impressed with the licenses they pick up.

      Delete