Saturday, January 5, 2019

NFL Wild Card Weekend - Saturday Prognostications

So the NFL playoffs are here. Best time of year. I love Wild Card weekend and the following Divisional Round Weekend because I can vegetate from 4-11 on Saturday and 1-8 on Sunday with no expectations.

I am also psyched cause my Chicago Bears are back in the playoffs for the first time since 2010. Those were long, cold winters.

Anyway, the first game, around 4PM gives us the Indianapolis Colts against the Houston Texans.

My Pick -  Texans 28, Colts 24.

Both teams started the year horribly and turned things around in spectacular fashion.  In honor of those two team, here are some McFarlane NFL figures from both teams. I will only be showing active figures here (unless a team has no active McFarlane representations).

First, the Colts. I thought I only had Andrew Luck, but lo and behold, Adam Vinatieri is still playing. He is like 64 - actually he is 46 and just passed the record for most points by a kicker in NFL history. If you watch the game, you can see him sporting his white beard. No kidding.

Also, if you really want to know how tough he is, here he is running down superstar Herschel Walker on a kickoff return.





Here are you Texans - the brand new Deshaun Watson figure, JJ Watt, and Deandre Hopkins.






The evening game should be a great matchup as well. It was supposed to be a rebuilding year in Seattle. Instead, they fought tooth and nail and played themselves into the playoffs. Short on talent compared to other years (they'll disagree), but a lot of heart. Dallas has been a bit inconsistent but solid enough to win the weak NFC East. Weak until Philly turned it around mid-season.

My Upset Pick: Seattle 24 - Dallas 14.

McFarlane has produced several Seahawk figures lately. Unfortunately, other than Russell Wilson, most have been traded away or left via free agency.




And Dallas of course has Ezekial Elliott and Dak Prescott, two young super stars.






Should be a fun time.

Tune in tomorrow when I pick who wins the Ravens-Chargers game and the Bears-Eagles match up. Go Bears!

4 comments:

  1. Those Zeke and Dak figs are sick!I think Elliott has a huge game and Dallas wins big ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Dak can be consistent, hopefully they'll take it. Keep feeding Zeke as well. Seahawks are scary.

      Delete
  2. I think the best game today will be Texans vs Colts such a great matchup. But I'm a Cowboys fan first and Bears fan second so of course those two teams are going to win big! I'm going to hate it when they play each other in the Championship game. Super Bowl Prediction for me Chargers Vs Bears

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chargers - Bears would be an awesome Super Bowl.

      Delete