Monday, May 3, 2021

NEMA Studios Novatron Figures

I've been following Nic Durham on facebook for awhile. He is quite active on the ReAction figure and 1:18 figure groups. He created his own set of 70s/80s styled fantasy figures. They are very creative and a lot of fun. I think mine will be inhabiting the Star Wars Cantina or Jabba's Barge fairly soon.

Included in Series 1 is Nova Centurion, Andromeda, Deathlatron, U-Dok, Deathlatron Prime and Hadar. Seems like some glow in the dark variants have already sold out. 

You can purchase them at Nema Studios.




























7 comments:

  1. These are great. I feel like I could have found these in the 80s, a cross between Star Wars and Dragon Riders.
    I may have to get that Maximus Centurion variant. Hard to pass up anything Black Hole inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I wonder how they'd scale next to a Galoob Mork figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are standard Star Wars style 3-3/4 inch. I think Mork was that size as well. Not sure.

      Delete
  3. Wait I think Mattel made that Mork figure. I'll have to double check 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting .3 of these are versions of characters from the Speclatron toy line (Dethlor and Venum and the cat.) 1 of them is Platino from Fuerza T (a Mexican toy line that used Masters of the universe parts) and 1 of them is Ventura from Galaxy Adventure Girl. Aslo Skullman is from the Remco Warrior Beasts.Making figures in this style of old 5 inch knockoff figures from the 80's is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome - thought they were original but still a lot of fun. Knockoffs of knockoffs.

      Delete