Tuesday, February 11, 2020

The Carnage of War

I was a combat engineer officer in the US Army for seven years. While stationed at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, home of the Army Corps of Engineers, there was a poster sized photo of a jeep destroyed by a mine. The shredded body parts of the occupants were also graphically strewn about the scene.

While putting Vietnam Era Snake Eyes back onto the shelf, I dropped him. He hit the hard plastic corner of the tread mill perfectly and shattered. His demise reminded me of that photo. While I enjoy collecting toy soldiers, war is a horrible thing and should be undertaken only as a last resort.



7 comments:

  1. Crap!I feel for you and the poor guy In the photo
    :( That Is an iconic figure,tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Will have to be replaced but quite a bummer.

      Delete
  2. Wiat.Looking at It again ,It's not so badly broken.You should be able to piece that back together to give It some semblance of what It used to look like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In all my years of collecting, I've never seen anything like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sucks! I love that figure (when he's in one piece).

    ReplyDelete