Friday, February 5, 2021

New Years Resolution - Kenner Star Wars Fan Art

Instead of resolutions that are a drag, one of my resolutions was to continue my painting of the original vintage Kenner Star Wars figures. I did the second nine last fall, probably because I started with Greedo, one of my favorites.

So my goal is to do 2-3 a week, which works well working with acrylic paint because it dries quickly. I can assembly line the paintings fairly quickly. So I knocked out Chewbacca, Stormtrooper and Tusken Raider first, then hit Han, Luke, Leia and R2. There was a bit of a pause when we left town for a week. Finally finished with Vader, C3PO, Ben Kenobi, Death Squad Commander and Jawa.

These are on 10x10 inch canvases. It takes up quite a bit of space laid side by side. I can't imagine what the original 93 will look like. May have to do 100 with a few variants and the Max Rebo band.

Anyway - here are the first 21. Enjoy!






































2 comments:

  1. Those are great! Love that you have the side eye on Hammerhead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks - tried to get them just like the figure. Always one of my favorites. I am also noticing little details that I've never noticed before.

      Delete