Thursday, September 9, 2021

Gettysburg Toy Soldier Store

For as many times as I've visited Gettysburg, I've never been to the Gettysburg Toy Soldier shop. Probably because I always see it as I'm leaving. It's close to downtown but it's on a weird corner at a major intersection as you're leaving town. Anyway, I decided to check it out. 

It was awesome. You have bags and bags of new plastic toy soldiers. There are plenty of expensive metal, painted soldiers from a variety of manufacturers. There are also shelves of plastic models. The man behind the counter was really nice. I believe he was the owner. There are also boxes of Barzso and Marx playsets on high shelves, mostly for display. He said the boxes were empty but it was cool to see them all.

I saw a side room with a big diorama and more bagged plastic soldiers. There was a sign on the door that said "Closed - Remodeling" but I asked if I could check it out. There was a huge 1/72 scale Vietnam diorama. It was a firebase being attacked by Viet Cong. Very cool.

Anyway, I left with a few bagged soldiers from Armies in Plastic, Toy Soldiers of San Diego, and some others. I should have taken more photos. Also realized Gettysburg is 12 miles from Eternia Dreams and Collectibles. I'll have to hit up both next time I go.


























No comments:

Post a Comment