Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Sorting through the Battleground box.

 A few days ago, I posted about the Marx Battleground Playset I purchased on Ebay early May and just received, courtesy of the post office losing it. Hard to believe they could lose such a big box. Oh well.

99% of the time when I purchase something on Ebay, I know exactly what I am getting. This was different. All the toy soldiers and vehicles were thrown into the box and not photographed individually on the listing. I didn't mind. I saw plenty of things I liked and the price was great. 

When I finally had a chance to sift through it, I found a few fun treasures. Here they are.

Battleground accessories. One of the things I really wanted besides the box.


A few Germans. The listing only showed the US soldiers and think said no Germans included. Always good to have a few extras.

Marx US Soldiers. One of the things I was really looking for. Marx US Soldiers since there were none in the Navarone set I purchased this summer.

There were a few soldiers that were Marx molds but cheaper plastic. Definite reproductions.

Marx vehicles.
A few howitzers and yellow cannon for Navarone.
A few Marx vintage Japanese soldiers.
Marx weapons. I've known about these but never had one in my possession.

Your basic Timmee soldiers that everyone owned once.


Marx tent and Timmee vehicles. I always loved that armored car. 


A handful of tiny 1/72 scale soldiers. 

An unknown set of landing craft on the left. The one to the right is the Marx landing craft.


More vehicles at a smaller scale. 

Diecast Matchbox tank.

Timmee, Marx, unknown, Matchbox tanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment