Friday, September 17, 2021

Newest Creative Diversion - Wooden Peg People Pop Art

One of the things I really like about Instagram (besides the lack of angry politics) is the creativity people share from all around the world. Recently I stumbled on some folks who make pop culture characters out of wooden pegs. I thought that was cool and ordered a bag of plain wooden peg people from Amazon. 

Of course, anytime I try something new, I start with Greedo and the Cantina aliens. Great color palettes and design. So here are my cantina pegheads. These totally bring a smile to my face.









Next I tried the original Uncanny X-Men.




Then I tried some Halloween themes.



Finally, I did some Ferris Bueller figures for my daughter.



The next project....Yo Joe!!!





7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. Check out the highlighted portion of my last post if you want any paintings.

      Delete
  2. Dude, you need to start an Etsy shop or something. These might be my favorite thing you've done yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dex. Check out the highlighted portion of my last post if you want any paintings. May try Etsy after some more practice.

      Delete
  3. Oh the possibilities!
    ALIEN NATION!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never seen it. I remember hearing about it though. Will have to check it out.

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love these! I saw a Munsters set a few months ago, but forgot what they were called, and couldn't find them again until seeing this post. These figures lend themselves to almost endless possibilities, and seem to be something that almost anyone can do. That being said, I would've never thought that the cast of Ferris Bueller would've looked so good in peg people form.

    ReplyDelete