Tuesday, November 3, 2020

N2 Toys The Road Warrior Series 1 and 2

I swear I should have a category of this blog of toys I've had, then sold, then bought again. Of course, like many of you, I am challenged by space and sudden needs to downsize or generate funds for the next set of collectibles. Such is the case of these Road Warrior figures (Sideshow Platoon is the other one). I used to have Series 1. I sold them off.

A few weeks ago, I found this video of 80s pop culture awesomeness, that I watched 25 times to cheer me up out of this crazy year we are having. I started making a list of all the 80s icons that come in six inch toys (Terminator, Aliens, Star Wars, etc) and remembered having the Road Warrior set. I went online and discovered Series 2. I went searching Ebay to see some prices and lo and behold, someone is selling Series 1 and 2 together (with the exception of Series 2) Max. No big deal since he has two versions in Series 1 that doesn't look much different than Series 2.

Series 1 includes Mad Max with dog, Max with Feral kid, Warrior Woman, Gyro Captain, Wes and Humongous. Humongous comes with a variant unmasked head as well.

Series 2 includes Toadie, Bad Cop, and Golden Youth. I had seen Golden Youth on Ebay before but never knew who he was. 

Of course, I had to watch all four Mad Max movies over the last few weeks. Honestly, I never saw the original before.  And now I know where Golden Youth and Toadie come from. So much fun. So many cool characters that could have been done but obviously a niche product line.

Beyond Thunderdome and Fury Road would have had some great characters. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment