Saturday, November 14, 2020

@GIJoe365 Wax Pack GI Joe Cards by Christopher Hemsworth

I can't remember if I was surfing Facebook or Instagram, but I came across some cool artwork from a guy named Christopher Hemsworth. He challenged himself to draw a GI Joe action figure every day for a year. He did this a few years ago.  He went series by series and later packaged each series into a card set, along with a wax paper wrapping. 

I really like the style of art. It is more focused on the actual toy design than what the character would look like in real life. Serious dose of nostalgia. 

Here is his main website: Christopher Hemsworth Art and Design

Here is his GIJoe website: GIJoe365

Here is his store: Chris Hemsworth Store

I really like the overhead drawings of his Joe and Cobra planes and helicopters.

Anyway, here are all the card packs with Series 1 opened. Each card pack comes with stickers, and since I purchased the nine deck set, also received a bunch of extra stickers which are pretty darn cool.







































































6 comments:

  1. Now I love those! And the fact that he is selling them like old baseball cards enclosed in wax packs with stickers is just great. At least he didn't put a stick of nasty gum in them, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gum would have been awesome. But yes, how cool is this.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea 👍 I thought about a line of trading cards with actual pictures of action figures I owned. Nice to see someone showing love for our favorite action figures in this manner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Definitely check out his gijoe365 site. Cool stuff.

      Delete