Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Star Wars Vintage Kenner Collection - Bespin Freeze Chamber

When this was first announced, I joined a number of people thinking, what a piece of junk. This thing looks rickety and I swear I never saw those gantry pipes in the background. I mean, I've seen the dang movie 100+ times. Also, you have to buy two to get the full platform. What the hell?

So first, I rewatched Empire Strikes Back, and sure enough, there they are. Anyway, it was vintage packaging so of course I bought one.

I unpackaged it and this thing is huge, and it is built very sturdy. The platform is a nice size as well that can hold a bunch of figures. Obviously there is a frozen Han Solo in Carbonite and a packaged Stormtrooper in Empire Strikes back packaging. The photo on the card is the Stormtrooper aglow with the lights in the freeze chamber. No paint apps on the Stormtrooper though. No worries. I won't open that anyway.









2 comments:

  1. A lot of Star Wars collectors lost their minds when they saw this set, and not in a good way. $100.00 for half of a diorama display piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $50 for half the diorama. Yes - need two sets to make it whole. Kind of stupid, but even the half is much bigger than it looks. But yeah, I'm a sucker for Vintage Kenner packaging and anything Empire Strikes Back.

      Delete