Monday, March 1, 2021

21st Century Toys - Flight 19 - The Lost Squadron 1:18 TBF1-Avenger Navy Torpedo Bomber Set

Many, many years ago, in the early aughts, I had been collecting 1:18 WW2 ground troops for the most part. I grabbed a 1:18 Corsair or two, but then my attention was caught by a set of five, yes FIVE TBF1-Avenger Navy Torpedo Planes (about $50 each) that were a part of the Flight 19 Lost Patrol - lost over the Bermuda Triangle. 

At one point, I had the set of five, but then sold it off because it took up so much space, and I had never removed the planes from the boxes either. Then a few years later, I purchased one plane ($150) because it is hard to even find all five now and the price has gone up. Current Buy it Now prices of the two listed were $349 and $550.

Each plane had a different tail number, an explanation of what happened, and a mystery figure packed in the back. 

Took these photos a long time ago in poor lighting conditions. 











No comments:

Post a Comment