Friday, March 12, 2021

Purple Smurf Pandemic Anniversary

Happy One Year Pandemic lockdown! Or at least one year ago was when my daughter's school texted us saying we would be out for a week. Ha!

Anyway, years ago I purchased a used lot of Papo Smurfs for my daughter. I remember these growing up. We sold them at a garage sale but every once in awhile I'll search for the elusive Purple Smurf. 

I actually had the Purple Smurf as a kid - the virus infected Smurf that would bite the tails of other smurfs and convert them into more Purple Smurfs. I thought that was funny. Sounds like a zombie apocalypse or Covid pandemic.

Like I said, I would search Ebay for a purple smurf or look at a lot that may contain one. That is exactly what happened. I saw that rare Purple Smurf in the middle of a lot. So I made an offer and purchased it. It just felt appropriate given we are in a pandemic now for a year. Not sure what to do with the rest except mash them up with other properties.







2 comments:

  1. That picture of the Smurfs fleeing the flametrooper is hilarious. Now the Flametrooper just needs a big orange cat hanging out with him to make it compete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm....I agree. That would be awesome. I need to recheck the lot. Don't think I saw an Azreal in there.

      Delete