Monday, April 19, 2021

AEF Designs Aliens 54mm Resin Kits - Bought - Sold - Bought Again

So way back in 1986, I was totally awed by the movie Aliens. Still one of my favorites. There wasn't any merchandise for the film, until 1988, I saw an advertisement for 54mm resin figures of the entire cast. I don't remember where I saw the ad - either a comic shop or the back of Starlog magazine. Who knows. I ordered the catalog. They were $14.95 each. I never ordered them because I didn't have that kind of coin back then.

Flash forward years later, I came across the catalog. I actually still have it buried somewhere in a box in my garage. I found out the company was AEF Designs. They made the Aliens figures and some military tanks.

I found a near complete set on Ebay about 15 years ago. I sold it to generate some funds a few years later. I immediately regretted it.

A few weeks back, I saw someone post another near complete set when I randomly did a search.  Hadn't thought about it in years. I actually think it has more than I had before. I made an offer which he took. I think it was a fair, but not crazy price. I will build and paint these some day.

Have you ever purchased something...sold it...and bought it again?















































No comments:

Post a Comment