Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Kickstarter Eagle Force Returns - Finally (At 1:18 Scale) - Worth the Wait

I remember when Eagle Force diecast metal figures came out in the 80s. They were tiny, but kind of cool line. I bought one or two then lost interest. A few years back Bill Murphy decided to resurrect the line as 1:18 figures. He has several successful Kickstarter campaigns. The Eagle Force Returns campaign was a success. And then there were serious problems with the manufacturer. Bill kept everyone informed and we waited patiently until everything got sorted out.

Well, they're here now. A few years late, but they are awesome. 

As I was waiting for package to be delivered, they announced that there were two exclusives that were made for smalljoes.com.  So I ordered them to add to my army. They arrived before my kickstarter order. No worries though. The rest showed up the day after.  Until I get those photographed, here are the ones from smalljoes. (Spolier alert - the Gold figures look fantastic. There are only two of them right now. We expect more).

It is the RIOT Commando Desert Infantry and the Eagle Force Wilderness Operations trooper.

The other nice thing is the clamshell can be removed and repackaged.















4 comments:

  1. I wish more companies would do a resealable clamshell. Looking at you, Super 7! I'd pay more to have that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait so you can remove the figure without damaging the cardback? I can dig that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Have seen several Kickstarter projects doing this now. Boss Fight and Four Horsemen do this. Great idea.

      Delete