Friday, October 22, 2021

Marx Military Base - Training Center Plus some Customs

For years I've had a subscription to Playset Magazine. They are one of the few toy magazines that are still in print. Their focus are the Marx, Ideal, and Remco plastic sets from the 50s through 80s. While thumbing through a recent issue, I thought I would build a full scale training center. After all, I used to be in the Army and have been to plenty of bases that still had the old WW2 wooden barracks and Quonset huts. 

Getting the tin litho buildings from Marx were relatively easy. They can be purchased fairly inexpensively though many are beat up and even rusty. While searching for them, I saw an Ebay seller who made some custom tin litho army base buildings. I purchased the quonset hut, front gate, post office and admin office. I need to add more soldiers to this and I certainly didn't think it would take up so much room but it's a fun start.

The "smoking" soldiers come from Auburn toys.












































No comments:

Post a Comment