Wednesday, October 20, 2021

The Original 1982 GI Joe - A Real American Hero Line Up Peghead Wooden People

I've been toying around with making these wooden peghead characters the last few weeks. I made some X-Men and Ferris Bueller figures, and then the Halloween 31 Day challenge. But I really wanted to do the original GI Joe lineup from 1982.

Included in this set is Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Short Fuze, Stalker, Zap, Grunt, Breaker, Flash, Rock n Roll, Steeler, Clutch, Grand Slam, Hawk, Cobra Commander, Cobra Trooper, and Cobra Officer. 

I am still a novice and learning best practices. I'll definitely be making more Joes and looking into making vehicles from wood.

The funny thing is - Snake Eyes is simply a black painted peg. I haven't purchased a grey marker yet to do any detailing on him. Not confident with a small brush yet. 




























4 comments:

  1. Those are really cool. Your color choices are spot on. It cracks me up that Snake Eyes is just a painted black peg but, y'know, that's kinda of accurate to the vintage toy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I am planning on detailing him just didn't know how. So yeah - it's accurate. Exactly what Hasbro did in 1982.

      Delete
  2. Snake Eyes for the win lol! Awesome job on these Jigs👍🔥🔥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Definitely want to do more and build some vehicles.

      Delete