Thursday, October 14, 2021

Heart of the South (Annandale, Virginia) Toy Soldier Show

I had missed the large Gettysburg Toy Soldier show back in April after ending up in the hospital. Even though Annandale is much smaller, I decided to take a look around. There was a lot of cool stuff there and left with a few odds and ends.

I found two cheap Marx tin litho buildings. One was a ranch and one was a "rare" Army training center post office. Well, it wasn't rare. Someone had turned the tin building inside out. Sneaky bastards. Also found a foam fortress that will work well with Revolutionary War and Civil War dioramas. You already saw the Amazon warriors I posted before.

Finally, one of the things I had never really looked at during these shows were the metal 54mm soldiers. They are quite expensive. I did look for some 54th Massachusetts figures that are out there, but none of the dealers had any. After the successful Vietnam Marauders kickstarter, I poked around at some of the Vietnam soldiers. I had heard of the King and Country company before. These are really nice. Solid works of art. Decided to snag a few.




















Marx Western Ranch







Fortress/Redoubt (Rev/Civil War)


Admin/Post Office - Turned inside out






2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of someone turning one of these inside out and trying to sell it as something else, is that a common occurrence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard of seen that done. Not sure it was done on purpose. The good thing is, it was really cheap. I thought I was leaving with a steal. Still, it adds a new dimension to an army base.

      Delete